Here are my tips and suggestions:
- Try to maintain a routine at bedtime of a quiet story. Snuggling up and reading one of Jan Brett's Christmas stories are our favorites.
- A little snack with milk helps calm little ones.
- Our rule about Christmas shows is this: if they don't go to bed afterwards with no problems, they won't get to watch the next night's shows.
- Make sure with all the additional foods your child is eating that they are still getting nutritional food.
- I am a big fan of guided imagery with my children. When they are in bed, I have them close their eyes and tell a calming, relaxing story. This works like a charm. I usually do a story of a special garden or of a caterpiller changing to a butterfly, but at Christmas, I will do stories that include the quietness of newly fallen snow.
Grab your chance to win a year of St Eve's kids sleepwear by visiting http://www.dramau.net/ and submitting a story. See website for full details and rules.