Here are my thoughts:
- Try to live a balanced life. That means not too much of anything--not too much spending, not too much working, not too much playing, not too much eating, etc.
- Get plenty of rest. This is difficult when you have young children, but I think it is important to get enough sleep. Sometimes, it is OK to take naps. Case in point, yesterday, I had a ton of things that needed to be done and thought I would knock them out when my little one rested. Instead, I laid down and rested with her.
- Don't procrastinate. Putting things off just leaves a spot in your mind of one more thing you have to get done. Get it done and your mind is free and clear.
- Exercise! Exercise provides so many health benefits, but especially mental health benefits. Even if you do just a bit every day you will feel happier.
- Treat yourself occassionally. Splurge on that delicious dessert, take a spa bath, get a pedicure!
- Learn to delay gratification. This is a secret that happy people know. People who learn to wait for the reward appreciate it more.
- Live within your means. This ties into number 6. People who spend what they don't have are usually consumed by feeling stressed and unhappy. Think this way, "Will buying something I can't afford really make me happy in the long run?"
- Have fun! Get down and play with your kids, hike through the woods and let your imagination run, be silly, put on fun music and dance like crazy, try something new.
- Eat right. It is amazing how healthy foods can effect your mood.
- Spend time with God everyday and list out what you have to be thankful for. Focus on your blessings!
More About Trop50 and Juicy Rewards
"Tropicana Trop50 provides the goodness of juice with 50 percent less calories and sugars, and no artificial sweeteners. Trop50 is a part of Tropicana’s Juicy Rewards program, which gives consumers more from their juice by offering 20,000 ways to save on fun, healthy pursuits. With Juicy Rewards, the savings come easily – up to $15 for one carton of Tropicana Pure Premium and up to $30 in savings for one carton of Trop50!
It takes just three simple steps to participate and save with Juicy Rewards:
1. Buy Tropicana, find the unique code on the package – either under the cap or on the back of specially marked Tropicana Pure Premium and Trop50 products.
2. Register at Tropicana.com, enter the codes to get points.
3. Redeem points for incredible savings on healthy fun."
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Tropicana Trop50 blogging program to be eligible to win 6 free Juicy Rewards points and a $30 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.