- A trip to Disney would just have to top this list if you have young children.We haven't done this yet, but plan to. Who doesn't love the the magic of Disney? My kids are already having fun planning this trip.
- A trip to the beach is great! Kids love the sand and waves. Not much more is needed for them to have a great time!
- A trip to the Smoky Mountains provides loads of entertainment. We call it nature's playground. Hiking through the mountains, exploring waterfalls, finding animal signs, sighting animals and birds, wading in the streams looking for water critters, and fishing. You don't even need Gatlinburg!
- Wherever you go, swimming is always a hit with children. Whether you swim in a pool at the hotel, go to a waterpark, hit the beach or lake, this provides hours of fun for kids.
- Trips to museums, zoos or factories always provide great lasting and educational fun for kids.
The Williamsburg area – Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown, VA – is one of America’s favorite family destinations, with adventure around every corner. Experience more than 400 years of American history and culture brought vividly to life at hands-on historical sites and world-class museums; share thrills and entertainment at exhilarating theme parks; discover unique finds and bargains, and enjoy outdoor activities in scenic parks, byways, nature trails and waterways. Whether it’s traveling backing to the 17th and 18th centuries, or forward into the 21st, the Williamsburg area offers vacation fun for all ages. http://www.VisitWilliamsburg.comSo, what are your vacation plans? How do you keep your kids entertained on vacation?
I wrote this blog post while participating in the Williamsburg Tourism and TwitterMoms blogging program for a chance to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.