Twin Sisters Productions offers a variety of products, including Lullaby CDs, songs that teach, floor puzzles, activity books, home school materials, Christian music, and relaxation and meditation CDs. The topics of songs that teach include early learning, phonics, speech development, math, social sciences, foreign languages, and social studies.
When I was in middle school, I remember thinking how easy it was for me to learn song lyrics, but how much longer it took me to memorize things for school. Many times, I tried to make up a song for something that I needed to memorize. I wish Twin Sisters Productions had been around when I was a kid! I was eager to review their products and reviewed the following:
- Multiplication Workbook and CD: My girls and I have enjoyed the CD. It contains 19 math songs. The music is fun and catchy and the lyrics are well written. Math facts are repeated in a rythmic tune that will stick in your head. The first thing I noticed about the 96-page workbook is that it is on nice, thick paper, which I especially like as it allows for erasing without putting holes through the paper. The pages are colorful in done in a block format (various sections on each page) so it is not intimidating to children. The pages include the lyrics to the various songs on the CD so the children and read and sing along with the music, involving both visual and auditory learning at the same time. The worksheets have different ways to visually see the math facts as well as fun activities, such as crosswords and equation seek as well as word problems. It also includes On-the-Go Pocket-Sized Times tables to be cut out and carried around. I really love the various suggestions of math games and activities to play with children. At the end of the book, printed on very thick, glossy cardstock, is the Criss Cross Multiplication Game, another fun learning game! As an added bonus, you can pop the CD into your computer to print song lyrics and get an answer guide for the workbook. For the price (retails for $12.99), you are really getting a music CD, workbook, game and activities--what a bargain!
- Spanish Workbook and CD: This is a great product for beginning Spanish. We popped the CD in while driving around and the girls kept shushing me because they wanted to hear the lyrics. Catchy tunes introduce children to beginning Spanish words such as counting, greetings, family members, days of the week, weather, colors, animals, feelings and more. The songs include lyrics both in English, then Spanish. The lyrics are contained in the workbook as well as a pronunciation guide. The workbook includes 7-English-Spanish Mini-books to read along with. Once again, the workbook is printed on quality paper with bright, engaging colors and pictures. The worksheets include fun activities, such as word search and crossword puzzles This is a fun, engaging way for children, ages 5 and up, to learn to speak, read and write in Spanish. This retails for $12.99.
- States & Capitols CD: Don't let this title fool you! Not only will you learn the states and the capitols with this upbeat music, you will learn so much more! The songs include information on famous people in history, landmarks and other facts about each state. I really like the song, "Shout Out the Name of Each State" where they sing the capitol and listeners shout out the state. Also included on the disk in CD-rom format is a 24-page Activity Book with lyrics, poetry and creative writing activities, capital word searches, states and capitals study guides, and melody line with chords for Singing Our States and Learning Our Capitals. This CD retails for $12.99.
Mandatory Entry: Head over to Twin Sister Productions and tell me which product you would choose if you win (Playaway Pre-Loaded Music Players are EXCLUDED). You must do this before other entries are counted.
- Follow me on Google Friends Connect
- Follow Twin Sisters Productions on Twitter @twinsistersprod
- Like Twin Sisters Productions on Facebook at Twin Sisters Productions
- Follow me on Networked Blogs/facebook
- Follow me on Twitter
- Tweet: You may tweet this two times daily:
- Fav me on Technorati (see button on the right)
- Enter any other active giveaway on my blog and leave a comment for each
- For 5 bonus entries (leave a comment for each one), blog about this giveaway and include a link to it in your post.
- Vote for my blog (see button on the right)