- Instill in your child good morals and values and teach them about choosing good friends.
- Encourage your child to learn more about subjects they like.
- Teach your children to love learning.
- Give your child the best start by making a wholesome breakfast.
- Encourage your child to talk to you about their day.
- Pack a powerful lunch with healthy foods and a small treat.
- Be involved with the teacher, classroom and school.
- Be prepared! Make sure you have extra school supplies on hand.
- Check your child's homework and help him/her set goals for upcoming projects and tests so they don't feel overwhelmed the night before.
- Make sure your child is up-to-date on shots, medical and dental appointments and of course, vision appointments.
If corrective lenses are needed, select lighter, stronger and safer lenses such as Airwear. Lighter lenses makes it more likely that your child will keep their glasses on. Also, think about the safety of your child's eyes when wearing glasses. Kids get rough and play rough, even my little girls. You want lenses that will protect their eyes. Airwear lenses offer safe, durable lenses for children, those who like to play sports and those who push their lenses to the limit.
Right now, Airwear and your fellow TwitterMom, Beth Aldrich, are sponsoring an essay contest for consumers, encouraging parents and care-givers to share how they plan to help their kids live a healthy, safe and successful school year. Families can submit their thoughts by visiting LighterSaferGreener.com. One grand prize winner will be awarded $1,000, while 10 first prize winners will receive vouchers for Airwear lenses valued up to $400. On LighterSaferGreener.com you can learn more about Airwear’s eco-friendly practices and view more of Aldrich’s tips to ensure kids have a healthy, safe and successful school year.
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Airwear blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, visit http://airwear.twittermoms.com/about.