- To be honest. I think honesty is a very important quality for a person to have. Not only being honest with others, but with themselves, is important.
- To think about others and the world they live in and respect others. Children need to learn to think about those around them and to develop compassion for others. They need take care of their world and everything in it. It is important for them to learn to respect everyone, whether it be an authority figure, a friend or the janitor.
- To share. Learning to share is very important. We start with toys and then move into sharing of ourselves, time and material items. It is important to teach children to share with those who are less fortunate.
- To be responsible. To be sucessful in life, children must realize their role in their situations. They should learn to take care of themselves, both physically and emotionally, their toys, and take part in maintaining the household.
- To understand they can control themselves, their emotional response and actions. If children do not learn this, they learn to blame others for their situations and allow the world to control how they feel.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Five Lessons Every Kid Should Learn
Nanny McPhee Returns (the movie) and TwitterMoms are joining forces to ask what five lessons every kid should learn.