Chex is still around with even more exciting recipes that you can prepare in less time (around 15 minutes) with the help of the microwave. Just today we made Chex Muddy Buddies, AKA Puppy Chow. It was so easy to make and the girls could really do most of it themselves. You basically melt chocolate chips and peanut butter, add vanilla and toss onto Rice Chex. Then you shake it in a bag with confectioner's sugar. Voila! I don't think it even took us 15 minutes. You can find the recipe HERE. Let me warn you, though, this stuff is HIGHLY addictive.
Here is another interesting recipe--Chex Ginger-Honey Crunch. It is filled with all sorts of healthy stuff, almonds, dried banana chips, dried cranberries, etc.
Want to try some Chex Mixes for yourself for free? Then enter my giveaway:
My readers have a chance to win a prize package that contains 2 boxes of Chex Cereal and a $25 Kroger Gift Card. Giveaway open to residents of the US only. You must leave a way for me to get in touch with you in your entry. A winner will be selected using Random.org. Winner will be notified by email and must respond within 3 days or another winner will be chosen. Giveaway ends on December 19, 2010 at 11:59pm EST.
To Enter: Publicly Friend me on Google Friend Connect (mandatory--no other entries will be counted until you do this).
Additional Entries (leave a comment for each one):
- Visit Chex.com and tell me what recipe you'd like to try.
- Follow me on Facebook (2 extra entries, comment for each one #1,#2)
- Follow me on Twitter
- Follow me on Networked Blogs (see right sidebar)
- Tweet this up to 2 times daily at least an hour apart (leave a comment each time): RT #GIVEAWAY~~WIN $25 Kroger #giftcard & Chex Cereal http://bit.ly/gadD81 @anncrabs @myblogspark
- Subscribe to my emails (above right)
- Enter any other giveaway on my blog and leave a comment telling me what one. If you enter more than one, leave a comment for each one.
Disclosure: Thanks to MyBlogSpark for providing me with the opportunity to review Chex and offer this giveaway item. I received 2 boxes of cereal and a gift card to purchase ingredients to make the recipes. This review contains my honest opinions. Ann Crabs reviews/author assume no liability for damages associated with any prizes awarded here or contents contained therein. Prizes lost in the mail or those not delivered by sponsors are not the responsibility of Ann Crabs. Giveaway sponsors are responsible for shipping prizes that are offered on Ann Crabs. Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery of any prizes won. If you do not receive your item AFTER that time, please email me and I will follow up with them.