- Home cooked meals. My kids are spoiled. They refuse to eat a lot of things unless it is homemade. I work hard on the weekends making pancakes and waffles to stash in the freezer for the week. The only cake they will eat is my homemade chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. And of course, they love my chicken tenders and homemade macaroni and cheese.
- Story times mid-day and at night. They love to cuddle with me for stories, each wanting an arm around them.
- Our daily devotionals. If I forget, they remind me. We have a lovely children’s devotional that they can easily understand.
- Massages and mind journeys. They love for me to massage their bodies and tell relaxing stories. Their favorite is “Butterfly” where they start out as a caterpillar and are transformed into a butterfly.
- Craft time. My girls love to paint, create, make clay, and do all sorts of crafts. My oldest loves using the Cricut and making cards with me.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Mars Needs Me! What My Kids Would Miss
Abducted by aliens? You know, sometimes, I wish that would happen. Not really, but the thought of getting away from it all sounds quite appealing at times, even if it means being abducted by aliens and taken to Mars. But really, I love my kids and my kids love me, so I hope it doesn’t really happen.
In honor of the March 11th release of "Mars Needs Moms, " Social Moms (formerly Twittermoms) is running a fun blogging program asking moms everywhere what are the top ten things you think your kids would miss most about you if you were abducted by aliens/Martians.
Here are the things I think my kids would miss most if I was abducted:
***From here on out are my children’s responses:
6. Camille says she would miss my kindness.
7. Claire says she would miss my hugs. We make a habit of hugging daily.
8. They both say they would miss my hugs and kisses. I guess I feel they can never have too many of those.
9. Claire says she would miss sleeping with me when there is a storm. This after they both were in my bed last night through a bad storm!
10. Claire says she would miss the snacks I give her and Camille says she would miss my food. That’s good to know!
I guess this can all be categorized in one statement, they would miss their mother’s love! And of course, I hope I am never abducted by Martians. I couldn’t even write all the things I would miss about them!
About Mars Needs Moms (as taken from the Social Moms Website)
Produced by the team behind “Disney’s A Christmas Carol” and “The Polar Express,” “Mars Needs Moms” showcases nine-year-old Milo’s (Seth Green) quest to save his mom (Joan Cusack) from Martians—a wild adventure in Disney Digital 3D™ and IMAX® 3D that involves stowing away on a spaceship, navigating an elaborate, multi-level planet and taking on the alien nation and their leader (Mindy Sterling).
Like Mars Needs Moms on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MarsNeedsMomsMovie
Walt Disney Pictures on Twitter: http://twitter.com/disneypictures
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.