- Media Manager: with FiOS, you can access media content that is on or streamed from your PC as well as access digital photos, music files, Internet radio, home videoes, etc. from certain websites directly to your FiOS connected TV.
- TV Widgets: FiOS features TV widgets like Twitter, Facebook and YouTube so you can tweet, update Facebook, and more directly from your TV using your remote while watching TV.
- Flex View: “Watch what you want, where you want.” You can buy, rent and watch on-demand video titles on you TV, computer or mobile phone. How cool is that? Maybe you didn’t finish watching a show last night and while you wait during your daughter’s dance class, you can catch up on it.
- Reliability: Verizon offers advanced fiber optic technology that lets you watch HDTV with less interruptions, pixilation, or weather interference. It is more weather resistant and more durable than copper phone lines or coaxial cable.
- In-home Agent: FiOS offers In-home Agent, which is a PC application that provides fast, easy solutions for common problems. It is a 24/7 support that is just a mouse click away. You use this on your PC and it provides step-by-step instructions on how to manage your FiOS or High Speed Internet Service.
- The future: With FiOS, you will be “future-proofed” for everything to come.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
What Appeals Most to My Family about Verizon FiOS
I was just talking to my husband the other day about Verizon FiOS and telling him I couldn’t wait to get it in our area. He was pretty unfamiliar with FiOS so I filled him in. Verizon FiOS offers so much more than my cable/internet/phone service currently does. Not to mention that I periodically have trouble with them and understand the problem more than the customer service guy.
Verizon FiOS boasts that their internet service is as “fast as it gets.” I like that. I hate that during peak times, my cable internet slows down. No, it is not just your imagination—it really does slow down. I am a fast surfer and want speed and I notice when things are slower. I also have a great new camera that takes large file pictures. These take forever to upload. With FiOS, it should be much, much faster. And that gives me more time to do other things.
Here are some other reasons why my family now wants FiOS:
But you know, all that means nothing if you don’t have good customer service, which FiOS internet does. In fact, FiOS Internet has won PCMAG.com’s Readers’ Choice award five years in a row. And, according to the leading technology review site, "Verizon's FiOS stands alone when it comes to satisfied customers."
So, now you see why my family can’t wait till we can get FiOS?
Disclosure:n I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Verizon FiOS blogging program for a gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.