- Virginia Beach’s coastline, including the Chesapeake Bay, Resort Area and Sandbridge make up 35 miles of beach. With this much beach, there is a variety of beaches for everyone. I would probably prefer the Chesapeake Beach as it is a more tranquil spot along the Chesapeake Bay. The bay provides protected shallow waters—sounds like a good spot for little kids, too. I’d also want to check out the Sandbridge area which is not cluttered with hotels, just condos, so it is definitely a more secluded spot. Just right for me!
- Virginia Beach also boasts the Symphony by the Sea concert series in Neptune’s Park. This series features Tidewater Winds, Symphonicity and the Virginia Symphony Orchestra. The great part? It is all for FREE and open to the public. My girls would love to attend this!
- Another freebie offered for families is the Family Great Adventure Series. Families get to take part all summer long in an interactive adventure along the oceanfront to solve a mystery. Each adventure then ends with a family-friendly movie shown on a giant screen right on the beach!
- Of course, Virginia Beach offers more than just the beach, for those of you wanting to venture away from the sand. Kayaking with the dolphins is something I would love to do! Can you imagine!
- There is plenty to do on rainy days. I would love to visit to the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Center They even feature a touch tank where you actually get to touch some sea life!
- They also have an IMAX theater at the museum, playing undersea adventures. I would love to experience this!
- Go cart racing! What could be more fun?
- Shopping at the Lynhurst Mall with 180 specialty stores. This sounds like an awesome place to visit and spend a little of the money I have been saving!
- Plenty of mini-golf--my children's latest pastime.
- Beautiful beach. Looking at the pictures just makes me want to be there NOW!
Monday, July 11, 2011
Ten Reasons Why I Want to Visit Virginia Beach #VirginiaBeach
I have always loved the beach and ocean. There is nothing like the feel of sand between your toes and the warm saltwater between your toes. And no matter how many times I walk a beach, there is nothing like finding the treasure of sea shells with their incredible colors and shapes. To sit on the beach and listening to the rhythm of the waves as they crash and hear the calls of the seagulls is such relaxing music to my ears!
One place I have never visited, but definitely would love to one day, is Virginia Beach. Here are my reasons for wanting to visit:
Just from reading about Virginia Beach, it seems that no matter who you are and what your preferences are, Virginia Beach offers something for everyone!
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.