Saturday, October 15, 2011

Need an American Flag?

I have had an American flag for years and years...and years. Seriously, it is probably 20 years old. It is finally starting to show its age. It is a quality flag and I wanted another one. My dad had purchased this one for me and it had flown in my name over the U.S. Capitol in Washington DC. So, I decided to do a little research on the internet to see what it would take to get another one. This is what I found out. Flags flown over the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington DC can be purchased by anyone. You just need to contact your state senator and request one. I was able to visit my state senator's site and print off a request. To get a flag that is flown over the Capitol in someone's name, the price for a 3'x5' is only about $13 or a 5'x8' is about $22. You may also choose not to have the flag flown over the Capitol and pay about $9 to $20 depending upon the size. You have a choice of cotton or nylon flags. Here is a website that contains links to your state's senator's website.

No comments:

Google Analytics