- Pack snacks and something to drink. That great savings can quickly be eaten away at the food court, restaurant or vending machine.
- Read all the ads first and determine which store has the most items you want to try to purchase. Hit that store first.
- Check online for any store coupons that may be valid.
- Pack your own shopping bags. It is a lot easier to carry items in reusable shopping bags than most store bags.
- Take precautions in parking lots. Observe what is going on around you, keep your purse close to you and keys ready so you aren't victimized.
- Take precautions while shopping. Make sure to keep your purse close to you. NEVER leave it in the shopping cart. You can easily be distracted away from your cart.
- Stick to your list. It is tempting to buy all sorts of other items you dont' really need because of low prices.
- Team up with family members or other parents. If one of you finds the to-die-for Christmas toy, you can pick it up for the other.
- Be super friendly to the store associates. Most people aren't and it is a long day for them.
- Have fun and relax. Not getting an awesome deal doesn't have to ruin your day.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
How to Tackle Black Friday--Tips for Shoppers
Even though I am not a Black Friday shopper (I prefer cyber Monday and beyond in the cyber world), I do have some tips for those of you who are planning on heading out.
So, to all you shoppers, best of luck!