- Know the “lice” time of year
- Winter: Travel time, clothing layers, hats, gloves, scarves, etc.
- Summer: Camp, play dates, travel, hats, road trips
- Prevention products: peppermint is a deterrent scent to the bug, many shampoos/conditioners contain this ingredient
- Once per week throw backpacks, hats and jackets in the dryer for 20 minutes
- Educate children on the importance of not sharing hats, hair-bows, jackets and gloves
- Check your children frequently for head lice, it’s much easier to get rid of if you discover it at an early stage
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Lice Prevention Tips
Guest Post by: Adie Horowitz, owner, Licenders
Adie’s tips for lice prevention
About Adie Horowitz
Adie Horowitz, the founder of Licenders, is a mother who felt like she had nowhere to turn when her children were diagnosed as “having lice.” As an informed mother, Adie insisted that there must indeed be alternative methods for removing lice without using highly toxic products that were in the marketplace. With significant research, Adie created her own lice removal process and product to handle her household problem. Within the next three months, Adie’s services were in such high demand by mothers that had heard of her lice removal process and its success that she was faced with the need to open an official business to help others in need.
Adie Horowitz applied for and won the Make Mine a Million $ Business Competition to fund Licenders. A successful entrepreneur, mother, mentor, role model and speaker, Ms. Horowitz's vision includes creating jobs and serving communities throughout the nation.