- Tropicana Pure Premium is 100% Pure Florida Orange Juice.
- Tropicana is the single largest buyer of Florida fruit, purchasing approximately 11.6 billion oranges from Florida each year.
- Tropicana uses groves in 22 different Florida counties, primarily in central and southern Florida.
- The different microclimates and soil types mean that fruit reaches peak maturity at different times, allowing Tropicana to harvest ripe fruit throughout the entire growing season.
- The two major orange types in Tropicana Pure Premium are Valencia and Hamlin. Valencias typically have more intense color and flavor, while Hamlins can be sweeter. They each add unique characteristics to the TPP blend.
- Many Florida growers sample oranges by cutting them into a cup shape, allowing for drinking juice directly from the fruit.
- Tropicana’s roots in Florida go back a long way. Some of its current grower relationships date to the 1960s.
- Oranges have been grown in Florida since the 1560s, approximately 147 years before any other U.S. state.
I have liked Tropicana on Facebook. Become their fan and stay updated!