- They are made from 100% renewable resources including sawdust, bio wax and real wood charcoal. They don't use petro-chemicals.
- The 5lb. bundle is the same as burning 24 lbs of firewood, making it easier and lighter to carry.
- They use less fuel per fire than firewood, but produce more heat.
- They burn cleaner than wood (60% less particulate emissions) as reported by Dingo Laboratories.
- They are reasonably priced--just $5.99 for a four log bundle or six bundles for $29.99.
- They are made in the USA. Yep, Duraflame is a family owned company providing jobs for 250 Americans.
Monday, May 21, 2012
Review: Duraflame Roasting Logs--Just in Time for Summer Campfires
I love roasting marshmallows over an open campfire. Well, actually, I let my husband do the roasting--he loves it. He has actually perfected the technique to make golden marshmallows that are full of ooey gooeyness to add to my S'mores.
Of course, there are the times when we don't have firewood on hand or it is wet. Or we travel to another state and aren't able to bring in firewood. That puts a real damper on roasting marshmallows. Or at least it did, but not anymore now that I have learned about Duraflame's Campfire Roasting Logs. These logs were designed for the outdoor campfire and are used just like wood. It burns hot and even has glowing coals. You just need two or three to make a fire and can add more if you want. We had a nice, hot fire going with them.
Now, some facts about them:
We really liked the logs. Like I said, they burned hot and long. It was perfect for the campfire! As we are avid campers, we really like that it is more compact than firewood. In addition, many states don't let you bring firewood from other states so you have to purchase wood. If you bring the Duraflame Roasting Logs, it is not a problem. These logs have made my life so much easier!
For more information on all Duraflame products, visit www.duraflame.com.
For S'mores recipes and tips, visit http://www.duraflame.com/products/roasting-logs.
Disclosure: I received a four-log bundle and a S'mores kit in order to facilitate this review.