Just released this week is her Sentimental Journey album. This album contains a collection of covers of classic songs from the 1920s to the 1950s and is a mix of classics and jazz. According to Rossum, the album is a calendar with a song for each month of the year.
This is really a nice album. I enjoyed listening to the songs--it has just an easy, relaxed feel. I think the first song, with the same name as the album, sets the tone for the entire album--Sentimental Journey. It definitely feels like a journey through the year with her. She has an amazing voice that just draws you in.
Here is the track listing:
- “Sentimental Journey” (Les Brown, Ben Homer, Arthur Green)
- “The Object Of My Affection” (Pinky Tomlin)
- “I’m Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover “(Mort Dixon, Harry M. Woods)
- “These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)” (Eric Maschwitz, Jack Strachey)
- “(I’ll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time” (Albert Von Tilzer, Neville Fleeson)
- “Summer Wind” (Heinz Meier, Johnny Mercer)
- “Many Tears Ago” (Winfield Scott)
- “All I Do Is Dream Of You” (Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed)
- “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out” (Jimmy Cox)
- “Autumn Leaves” (Joseph Kosma, Jacques Prévert)
- “Things” (Bobby Darin)
- “Pretty Paper” (Willie Nelson)