|There's hubs, helping out with a smile on his face!|
When cleaning, simply turn the machine on. Moving forward, press the trigger on the handle and make one slow forward wet pass and another back. Then release the trigger and go forward and back over the same area to remove the residual dirty water and to help in drying. Repeat passes until solution being pulled up appears clean. Then continue passes without pressing the trigger till there is no more water being pulled up.
Here are some before and after pictures. There were little pee spots as well as other spots all over the carpet. (Fortunately, little one is housebroken now.)
|Compliments of Bluebell.|
And here is the after of the same areas:
|Look, no pee spot anymore!|
Another nice thing I liked is that the cleaner is very concentrated, so by only needing to use two capsules, a bottle of it goes a long, long way!
I do have a couple tips to share with you about cleaning carpets.
- It is really important that you vacuum well before cleaning. Otherwise, hair and gunk will clog up the cleaner (I know this from past experience).
- It really is usually impossible to move all the furniture out of a room, unless you are only cleaning one room. If that is the case, move the furniture to one side, clean, then move to the side you cleaned, placing pieces of wax paper under the furniture legs. This will prevent rust spots on your carpet. Leave wax paper until the carpet is thoroughly dried.
- Tie up your drapes/curtains. The ends can absorb the moisture and end up leaving water stains on your drapes.
- Consider doing areas of your house at a time. Doing the entire house can become physically grueling and taxing, especially for those not in good shape. My husband and I both shared in doing the cleaning, so it wasn't too difficult to get the house done.
- Pre-treating is a wonderful idea. Wish I had thought of that before I started.
- Follow the instructions for cleaning the Big Green before returning in order to get your deposit back.
- Fans can speed up the drying time.